Tech Lead - Services
AND Digital is a fast growing, tech consultancy.
We work on large-scale, multi-industry, eCommerce and enterprise-level software development projects with best practice agile ways of working at the heart.
We are passionate about doing great work with interesting clients who we can take on a digital transformation journey.
We love to solve business problems with robust technical solutions, which we do by building products which are compelling, commercially viable and customer facing across multiple digital and e-commerce channels such as web, mobile, social and in-store.
Sometimes our work includes Greenfield projects where we can use the latest tech and other times we need to work with client’s legacy technology to get them to that point first.
This is an opportunity to share knowledge, nurture others, learn, innovate, build and deliver amazing digital products.
We care deeply about our people and have a focus on well-being and professional development. Read on to see how your skills and expertise could be part of our journey!
How we work:
You will be part of the AND Digital Guide team, playing a lead hands-on role in the early engagement with our clients. Working with your team, your role will range from helping the client select the right tech stack, ways of working and delivery pipelines through to the early production of innovative PoCs and MVPs. You will experience variety, working across many clients, sectors and of course AND Digital Clubs. As a developer advocate for API development and Microservices at AND Digital, you will demonstrate excellence in your field, all of which will be fully apparent to all that you come into contact with!
Microservices and APIs with Java 8 / NodeJS, databases (NoSQL and traditional RDBMS), functional languages (Scala, Python, etc), AWS/Google Cloud and Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
More specifically you will:
- Take the lead as a hand-on crafter of Microservices and APIs for different industries
- Work with a variety of clients across clubs, particularly at the early inception and activation stage to lead the tech architecture, choice of codebase and frameworks, plus the delivery of the product, all of which requires exceptional hands-on coding expertise, while demonstrating an ability to influence and support technical decisions
- Although principally focused on Microservices and APIs, you will apply your polyglot skills to many backend technologies including experience with Java 8 / NodeJS, databases (NoSQL and traditional RDBMS), functional languages (Scala, Python, etc), AWS/Google Cloud and Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
- Be passionate about good software design principles in Object Oriented and Functional Programming
- Create insightful content for AND Digital upskilling workshops, AND Digital Communities of Practice and AND Digital Blogs to innovate and craft the very best development practices
- Conduct regular Tech Delivery and software development practice reviews with individuals and teams, providing direct real time constructive feedback on how things can be improved
- Support our Client Acquisition team with pre-sales meetings and events, demonstrating depth of API/Microservices technology experience and capability
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients across all levels of the organisation, and become a trusted advisor to client Leadership teams
Would really like to see...
- An enviable track record being top of your game as the lead API/Microservices engineer while being hands-on crafter with the code
- Proven tech leadership expertise with the ability to articulate both technical and non-technical ideas
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and doing your own research
- Encourage contribution to open source software development, standardisation of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication (online or offline)
- Active involvement in recruitment and onboarding for both our clients and AND Digital
- Overall experience in:
- Selecting and defining the right software development methodology for use by product delivery teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained by delivery teams
- Being able to explain technology choices and reasons for choosing them
- Conducting code reviews as defined by the software development methodology
- Working with more than one back-end focused technology (e.g. Java, PHP, Node.JS)
- DevOps practices and hands-on experience in defining pipelines and infrastructure tools (e.g. AWS, CI tools, Terraform, Ansible, Kafka, Docker and others)
- Security / penetration testing and best practices
- Architecting and creating technology roadmaps
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Coaching the people in your team
It would be amazing if you had...
- Consultancy / professional services experience
- Knowledge of frontend / mobile frameworks and development practices
- Experience working with senior business management and technical stakeholders
- Experience in large and complex online environments
AND the best of the rest
- After going through our ANDBootcamp or ANDuction, you will be ready to be deployed to one of our clients and enjoy the many benefits of being an ANDi!
- Competitive package and equity – from an annual tech budget to spend on the latest gadgets, to bonus challenges, private healthcare, flexible holiday and share options
- Join a growing, professional and driven team that is closely knit and supportive
- Make a huge impact in creating a unique company
- Learn, develop and grow as part of a fast growing company
- Feel valued and learn lots