At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Solution Architect, you will provide solution architecture expertise, supporting our clients to deliver their digital objectives. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Analyse and translate business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives for our client
- Work with our clients to provide solution architecture expertise, supporting our clients to deliver their digital objective
- Work with enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal design for the technology to support the product and identifies and designs dependencies with other systems in the enterprise
- Manage and lead the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across designated projects
- Provide hands-on support alongside the Dev Team for complex solutions and code migration
- Coach and develop the AND Digital Product Developers across the squads
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- A broad understanding of the key areas in technology and business domains with modern software architecture practices including enterprise, data, application, integration and solution.
- Experience with some specific enterprise-level eCommerce platforms (such as Hybris, ATG, Commerce tools, Websphere), and CMS/DXP platforms (such as Contentful, Bloomreach, AEM, Sitecore)
- A track record of delivering end to end solution architecture for large and complex multi-channel eCommerce or digital projects
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/GCP, SaaS and IaaS, cloud infrastructure and multiple programming languages
- Experience of best practices processes and frameworks such as TOGAF and architectural patterns/models
- Experience in a consulting role and confident in presenting /working and building relationships with all levels of seniority, from clients to dev teams
- Experienced in designing, scaling and consuming RestAPIs and microservices
- Experienced to execute and lead on Discovery engagements
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Good knowledge of open source technologies (in full-stack environments) and stretching into code management, testing and deployment tools
- Worked for a professional services business, in a solution architecture role for leading corporate clients
- Commercial awareness of implementing software, i.e. cost of system, ownership, the impact of new tech into an established organisation
- Contributed in the Digital Tech industry
- Good experience and knowledge of the Agile /Scrum delivery process
- Understanding of IT organisations, functions, roles, activities
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.