At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work in an Agile Scrum environment adopting Continuous Integration and Delivery techniques throughout the software delivery lifecycle. We are an ambassador on engineering best practices – advising Clients and our people on Scrum, product ownership and user story creation to name a few. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Be a client-facing Business Analyst or Product Owner, building product roadmaps, epics and user stories
- Work with our Clients onsite, you’ll deliver compelling, commercially viable digital products across multiple platforms and channels
- Work with other Business Analysts and Developers to facilitate this digital transformation at our clients using agile methodologies
- To deliver these exciting, customer-centric digital experiences, you’ll work closely with your scrum team and various client stakeholders to identify the best technology, create user stories, identify sprint goals and incrementally achieve the best quality outcome
- Enjoy being involved in all tasks of the software life cycle – from creative design, analysis, documentation right up to testing!
- As an excellent communicator, you’ll liaise between clients and third parties as required to deliver extraordinary digital products
- Your environment will be high-performance, delivery-driven, self-organising where your team will be multi-disciplinary
- We very strongly believe in upskilling: both at clients but also less experienced ANDis; coaching, mentoring and displaying your leadership qualities will make you a perfect fit AND Digital!
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Maybe you already have a consistent track record in building digital products and utilising agile methodologies?
- We’ll want to hear about your experience in stakeholder management, previous products and systems you may have built
- You’ll feel confident in your ability and level of expertise, being able to recommend solutions to clients based on your background from industry and / or consulting
- Where have you supported the development of your team members?
- Coaching and mentoring our Clients and lesser experienced ANDis is important to us here at AND Digital
- A genuine interest and curiosity for all things digital across mobile, social and web
- We’ll want to hear about your prior experience in designing functional, user-focused digital customer experiences across various digital platforms
- You’ll illustrate to us your distinct ability to diagrammatically map out current and to-be solutions using business process mapping and use case mapping
- Are you a strategic thinker? Taking all aspects of the problem into consideration to offer efficient design solutions to challenges?
- We use mostly Scrum here at AND Digital – we’d love to hear about your awareness of Agile and any experience you might have had in using Scrum frameworks
- You’ll be familiar with prototyping tools such as Axure, Pidoco, Balsamiq, Mockflow, Gliffy
- You’ll believe in the power of A / B testing, user-testing and analysis of results using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Monetate
- Theoretical knowledge is vital too so we’ll be looking for a strong, suitable graduate qualification
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.