The Senior Magento Developer to work on client based projects with newly formed agile development team a new platform and enhancements. You will work closely with the clients business to develop high quality software which is rigorously tested and adheres to best practice development and testing approaches. You will be the Senior Magento Developer leading a team. This is a hands on role which will require you to take a step back and make architectural decisions in collaboration with your client.
- Become a mentor and also be a learner amongst a high caliber team, you may need to upskill PHP developers in Magento.
- Design and overseeing the implementation of system solutions for applications and articulate the architectural vision to clients, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Develop high quality software which is rigorously tested and is ready to be shipped.
- Collaborate with IT and business colleagues providing technical expertise and guidance
- Writing clean, structured and well-documented code.
- Advocate and follow best practice agile software development techniques.
- Deliver development work within an Agile environment.
- Work with Product team to understand requirements and expected outcomes.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions in order to estimate and breakdown stories.
- Ensure that potential technical issues are identified resolved early.
- Provide technical know-how to the Product Owner to inform direction for projects.
- Developing applications and undertaking code reviews to ensure quality.
- Coach team members on Agile methodologies and principles.
- Follow best practice procedures for Magento development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Magento Development
- Minimum 2 years with Magento 2 (ideally including front end design and development)
- Excellent experience of Magento 2.2 and practical knowledge of PHP, SQL and EAV models.
- Design, develop and implement Magento 2 (2.2.6 and 2.3) eCommerce solutions Integrate with major external systems including ERP, CRM, OMS, payment gateway system, middleware, and other systems
- Working knowledge shopping cart development with shipping, and Payment Gateway Integration for E-commerce websites.
- Good knowledge of software engineering practices including: BDD, TDD, CDI & automation.
- Track record of delivering large or complex ecommerce products through full lifecycle.
- Good knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to advocate for quality and user value.
- Ability to engage with management level stakeholders and work collaboratively.
- Understanding and experience of integrated multi-channel retail solutions.
- Capable of developing an understanding of the business and its drivers.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to illustrate and explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Can understand financial and support implications of technical decisions.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to make decisions individually and as part of a team.