Our People function isn’t like many others. We understand the importance of creating a remarkable culture and we empower all our ANDis with the tools, training and support they need to flourish at work. Our HR Leads (or People Operations Leads as we call them internally) are critical to bringing this culture to life for the business unit they support.
The HR Lead supports the Club Exec in executing all people activities for the Club and liaises directly with the other Lines of Business for day to day support on HR practices.
You will be based in the ‘Club House’ where our ANDis work when not based on clients - and will benefit from regular visits to our teams at client sites across the North West.
What you’ll be doing:
Performance management and professional growth:
- Be the first point of contact for Squad Leads and ANDis on guidance about our processes in general (performance management, progression, training, benefits)
- Managing the Performance Review cycle for everyone in the club – 360 feedback, consolidating performance score and ensuring reviews happen to schedule.
- Support and provide guidance to Squad Leads and other managers in the club on feedback and people management to their teams.
- Proactively anticipate needs and act where appropriate by keeping in touch with teams, managers and especially people in lone roles.
Policies and processes:
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure our policies and Employee Handbook are up to date, relevant and reflecting the right culture for the Club.
- Analyse people processes and trends to make recommendations for continuous improvement, and implement any necessary process changes.
- Provide support across key areas such as on-boarding, communications, training, succession and promotion reviews, performance management, change management, and employee engagement.
- Design and continually review reward and recognition plans for our ANDis, whilst being fair to our core principles
- Respond to employment law inquiries, ranging from simple questions to complex requests that may require research and follow-up for resolution.
- Manage accurate and detailed people related data across HR and timekeeping systems
- Support / coordinate any operational and admin tasks for the Club House (stationery, collaborate with tidiness, liaising with building administration)
- Liaise with payroll team to make sure pension, payroll, contracts and other HR administration updates all happen on time
- Carry out any other reasonable ad hoc duties in order to support the HR function
Building the culture:
- Lead and/or be part of projects which will shape the future of AND Digital and the Club. Some of the things on our plan include diversity, performance management improvement and team engagement
- Plan and deliver (with support from the team) Club events such as Club Days, business updates, and any other Club Ops / team engagement related communications
- Proactively connect the dots when there’s an opportunity for change, and make it happen!
- Demonstrable experience in similar roles
- Flexibility to figure out what is right for our people and environment, and appetite to try new ways of doing things. Challenging the list of rules to help us really live the culture
- The technical know-how. This means basic knowledge of UK employment law in an HR context
- A desire to work within a fast paced environment.
- Resourceful and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Confident in interacting with all levels and cultures with various work styles
- Professionalism and a respect for confidentiality and discretion.
- A heap of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people both in person and in writing.
- A positive, can-do attitude focused on solutions and a constant drive for improvement; with calm attitude in challenging situations.
- Ability to work closely and engage with remote teams.
- Post graduate work experience gained in the technology/professional services space
- Working towards or recently qualified CIPD
AND the best of the rest
- Competitive package, bonus and equity
- The opportunity to work closely with smart people and see the impact of your work
- Learn, develop and grow a part of a fast growing company
- Have fun in a relaxed environment where everyone is valued
For any internal interest in this role, please speak to your People Ops Lead or Club Exec for more information