HR Lead (Edinburgh)
Our People function isn’t like many others. We understand the importance of creating a remarkable culture and we empower all our ANDis with the learning, upskilling and developing experience they need to flourish at work. Our People Leads (HR Lead) are critical to bringing this culture to life for the business unit they support.
The People Lead is based in the ‘Club House’ where our ANDis work when they are not based on client sites. They work as part of the Club Management Team alongside the Club Executive and Service Delivery Lead to ensure that the People proposition is kept at the forefront of day to day and organisational decisions within the Club. This standalone role reports directly into the Club Executive with a wider HR Community on hand for support where necessary on HR practices.
The People Lead liaises directly with the People Lead Community for day to day support on People processes and practices and works closely with the Talent Growth department to contribute to the HR strategy activities (such as D&I, career framework, wellbeing, …)
The People Lead executes all people activities for the Club in line with the Club Executive vision and the Club playbook for Growing ANDis. You'll do this by;
Driving People Experience and Engagement
- Promoting the Culture - Foster Happiness and overall Engagement in your Club. Ensuring people are developing in their careers and enjoying their time at AND.
- Working with the Squad Leads to minimise the number of bad leavers. As People Lead, you are the guardian of the end to end experience at AND.
- Ownership of Employee Engagement Survey “Illume” process: collecting feedback, analysis of data, creation and execution of action plan
- Lead and/or be part of People company level projects which will shape the future of AND Digital and the Club. Some of the things on our plan include diversity, performance management improvement and team engagement
- Events - Ensure the level and quality of the social events , collect feedback and improve. As project manager and budget holder for the 3 Club days and Christmas Party, coordinate the team planning and preparing the events.
- Ensure enough consistent communication and transparency are in place
- Proactively anticipate needs and act where appropriate by keeping in touch with teams, managers and especially people in lone roles.
- Visit team working on client site regularly
Helping to deliver on Performance management and professional growth:
- Proactively manage attrition and liaise with recruitment team
- Be the first point of contact for Squad Leads and ANDis on guidance about our processes in general (performance management, progression, training, benefits)
- Managing the Performance Review cycle for everyone in the club – 360 feedback, consolidating performance score and ensuring reviews happen to schedule.
- Continuous improvement of the Performance & Progression process
- Provide guidance to Squad Leads and other managers in the club on feedback and people management to their teams, ensure the overall fairness, transparency and consistency across squads.
- Support and guide line managers on how the deal with difficult conversations
- Own the competency model for your Club, ensuring it is clear and remains consistent across Clubs.
- Work closely with other People Leads to ensure our policies and Employee Handbook are up to date, relevant and reflecting the right culture for the Club.
- Respond to employment law inquiries, ranging from simple questions to complex requests that may require research and follow-up for resolution.
Leading with People Processes
- Provide support across key areas such as on-boarding, communications, training, succession and promotion reviews, performance management, change management, and employee engagement.
- Design and continually review reward and recognition plans for our ANDis, whilst being fair to our core principles
- Manage accurate and detailed people related data across our systems
- Actively get involved with operational and admin tasks for the Club House
- Work closely with payroll team to make sure pension, payroll, contracts and other HR administration updates all happen on time
- Attend the monthly People Lead community meeting and as a group ensure that AND is carrying HR processes in accordance to law and regulations.
- Analyse people processes and trends to make recommendations for continuous improvement, and implement any necessary process changes.
- Proactively connect the dots when there’s an opportunity for change, and make it happen!
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Demonstrable experience in similar roles
- Passion for creating striving and fun working environments
- Appetite for promoting culture and happiness
- Flexibility to figure out what is right for our people and environment, and appetite to try new ways of doing things. Challenging the list of rules to help us really live the culture
- The technical know-how. This means basic knowledge of UK employment law in an HR context
- A desire to work within a fast paced environment.
- Resourceful and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Confident in interacting with all levels and cultures with various work styles
- Professionalism and a respect for confidentiality and discretion.
- Empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people both in person and in writing.
- A positive, can-do attitude focused on solutions and a constant drive for improvement; with calm attitude in challenging situations.
- Ability to work closely and engage with remote teams.
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Post graduate work experience gained in the technology/professional services space
- Working towards or recently qualified CIPD
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.