Head of Delivery (Edinburgh)
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
As a Head of Delivery/Delivery Engine Executive, you will ultimately be responsible for the overall success of the Delivery Engine (DE), ensuring the DE operates effectively and in ways that adheres to the Op Model Blueprint. You are like a CEO of a small business reporting into a board managed jointly by AND Digital and our enterprise level client. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Bring together feature teams to deliver work on time, budget, quality and satisfaction measured against a set of metrics to achieve success
- Lead the people and results of the Delivery Engine
- Manage a team including a Product Director, Engineering Director, and a Programme Director so you can build a great culture and grow your portfolio of projects.
- Work across a myriad to stakeholder groups (internal and external) to ensure that initiatives being delivered are staffed with a suitable mix of skills sourced from the Club, client, other 3rd party vendors, and other AND Clubs
- Create and foster an environment that enables people working in the delivery engine to be highly engaged and motivated
- Work with the DE management team to manage the P&L targets for the Delivery Engine
- Manage a portfolio of 2-6 projects in the Delivery Engine at any one time
- Work with the delivery teams to ensure customer satisfaction, people satisfaction and delivery quality
- Ensure that the strengths of the AND culture, training processes, and mindset are embedded into the delivery teams, together with the tools and systems from the customer.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Strong team leadership experience
- Strong relationship skills
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Credible budgetary accountability experience
- Experience of delivering in digital environments
- Experience of delivering in an agile environment
- Experience of working at pace within or around a large corporate (e.g. previously a key account manager with a delivery team)
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Strong negotiating skills, in complex and competitive environments (e.g. for internal funds, or against competitor organisations)
- Experience and knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of the underlying technologies in the system(s)
- Knowledge of the business processes that the system(s) support
- Degree level training
- Professional Membership (e.g. Chartered Engineer or equivalent)
- Agile training (e.g. SAFE)
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we’ll be in touch.