AND Digital has had an exciting start to the year, so much so that we’re looking to add a DevOps specialist to our team of remarkable ANDi’s.
This role will be key in ensuring we’re getting the best out of our Development Teams and working in the most efficient way!
What’s in it for me?
As a dedicated expert in this field at AND Digital, you’ll have the opportunity to shape your role in a rapidly growing organisation.
You’ll be empowered to lead in this area whilst having a broad range of clients to work across.
You’ll also have the opportunity to vary your role putting on your Developer or Release Manager hat as and when required.
What will I be doing?
- This is a client facing (fee earning), delivery role with a mix of advising and implementing
- You will be our ambassador and advisor to clients on operational requirements, advising and influencing
- You will also act as the champion of continuous development for our client development teams, collaborating with them and providing coaching
- You will also be expected to inspire and engage more junior engineers within your club to build their capability and understanding of DevOps and Engineering best practises, to they are enabled to implement better ways of working on the ground
- You’ll engage closely with the client technology teams to review current processes and technology, before making your recommendation and making it happen!
- You will manage the way forward from there:
- Build, improve and maintain our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Work to maintain and improve stability and performance of the infrastructure for clients (and some internal projects)
- Work closely with the client development teams to automate, refine and improve processes
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares ideas
- Ensure the necessary environments are in place for the product being delivered (virtual and physical) to support all layers - Dev, QA, Stage, Pre-Production, Live, including the data and integration of external applications.
Am I right for the job?
- Previous experience in a DevOps and developer roles in an agile context
- Expertise in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
- A passion for technology and a love of writing code with a desire to build elegant solutions
- Understanding of system administration tasks on some of the following;
- Operating systems (e.g. Linux, CoreOS and Windows)
- Application stacks (e.g. nginx, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Hybris, IIS, .Net, Node.js, Solr)
- RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL)
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak)
- Containerisation and microservices (e.g. Docker, rkt)
- IaaS and PaaS (e.g. AWS, Openstack, Deis, Kubernetes, Mesos, Rancher)
- Experience of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience of implementing Infrastructure as Code
- Experience configuring and working with monitoring tools (e.g. Newrelic, Sensu, Icinga, Nagios, Zabbix, Unicentre)
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, DNS)
- Experience creating and working with development pipelines using tools such as Git, Jenkins, TFS, Sonarqube, GoCD, Maven, Ant, NPM, Artifactory
- Proven experience managing Agile development environments and implementing DevOps best practices and methodologies
- Experience in coaching and mentoring your colleagues and peers
- Experience of and strong stakeholder management skills in leading collaboration between IT operations and digital delivery teams
- You will be able to leverage your experience from a professional services / client facing environment
- Be equally comfortable working with one or multiple clients
- Strong project management skills
- To approach DevOps practices in new and creative way