Unleash your Post-it note power!
15 March 2016 |
Kate MacDonald | About a 2 minute read
What do you see when you look at a Post-it note? Is it simply a slightly sticky yellow square? A phone number? A to-do list? A memory? A bookmark? A doodle? A paper plane? Hah, these only scratch the surface of post-it note potential.
When walking into the AND Digital office, one of the first things that sticks out are the abundance of Post-it notes. They are everywhere – on the desks… on the walls. There are yellow ones, pink ones, blue ones, green ones and even the odd fluorescent one. The question is what are they for?
1. Some Post-its are ideas: Scattered across a wall they represent the moment when a team meets for a new project and everyone writes down their suggestions on what is to be done, what can be done and what they would like to see done. All ideas are welcome.
2. Others are about teamwork: When grouped together they show common themes and help the team to make decisions about what needs to be done.
3. A few track progress and create actions: On a Kanban board they track the team’s backlog, goals along with the actions that have been taken and the progress made.
4. They are also feedback: Two columns of Post-its can be used to show the positives and deltas of a project, enabling improvements for next time.
5. AND Post-its are about equality: Most importantly, no single Post-it note is more important than another. This way everyone’s ideas are seen and each person is heard, no matter how quiet their voice.
During the recession I worked for a company where the Post-it notes were jealously guarded by a stationary dragon and it wasn’t the greatest environment to be in. Now I work for AND Digital where Post-it notes are freely available along with ideas, equality, respect and teamwork. Co-incidence? Maybe. But ask yourself, how does your company treat its Post-it notes? Now is the time to unleash your post-it note power.
Senior Magento Developer
Technologists, experts in their domain, inspirational mentors and coaches.
Technologies you will be using
Leader in Product Delivery AND passionate about developing others.I'm Interested